on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Checking the coolant level:
You should drain and flush your cooling system and refill with fresh coolant mixture every 36 months or 3,000 hours of operation, whichever comes first, unless you are using John Deere Cool-Gard II which should be changed every 6 years or 6,000 hours.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! To prevent engine damage:
· DO NOT operate engine without coolant.
·DO NOT pour coolant into the radiator when the engine is hot.
· To prevent engine overheating, never exceed more than 50% antifreeze in cooling system.
1. Park tractor on a level surface and be sure to engage the park brake.
2. Raise hood and latch open
3. Remove right side engine shield from the tractor
4. Check coolant level:
1. If engine is warm, coolant level should be between the FULL line (A) and the LOW line (B) on the coolant overflow tank
2. If engine is cold, coolant level should be at the LOW line (B) on the coolant overflow tank
5. Remove cap (C) to add coolant
6. If coolant is low, add specified ratio of antifreeze and water.
7. Install and tighten overflow tank cap.
8. Clean debris from the grill screen, both left and right side engine shield air intake screens and the radiator screen.
9. Check condition of the radiator hoses and clamps. Check for leaks or loose connections.
Cool-Gard II is designed to withstand thermal oxidation and breakdown to handle higher temperature applications while providing service life for up to six years or 6,000 hours. James River offers Cool-Gard II in two forms- concentrate, which must be mixed with water, and pre-mix, which is a ready-to-use formula. This chemical was specially developed for heavy-duty diesey engines but can also be used in all gas engines, including those with aluminum blocks.
Why choose John Deere Cool-Gard II for your coolant needs?
- Cool-Gard offers a 6-year or 6,000 hour long-life formulation
- It offers 20% longer service intervals, which translates to savings for the customer
- Possesses the high thermal and oxidative stability required by engines equipped with cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Provides superior performance in all liquid-cooling system designs
- Protects against corrosion and deposits, extends water pump life and minimizes liner cavitation
- Contains Bitrex to help discourage accidental ingestion
- Supports advanced engine technology
- Supports higher cooling demands
- Freeze protection for up to -34 degrees fahrenheit
- Available in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon sizes
Stop by your closest James River Equipment to learn more about the benefits of using John Deere CoolGard II in your John Deere machines!