on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
April 2, 2020
Dear James River Equipment Customers:
Dedicated to keeping you running, James River Equipment knows farming, mowing, and job-site work does not stop despite COVID-19. James River delivers more than providing equipment solutions – we are working to keep your family and friends safe in these uncertain times as well.
The entire James River Equipment team is dedicated to our fellow employees' health and safety, as well as yours. We are taking all precautions possible to ensure that our stores are open, safe, and providing a high level of convenience. We have a responsibility to you to help flatten the curve while supporting you during one of the busiest times of the year for our community.
For anyone trying to minimize contact while shopping, we have additional options for you to get the supplies and services needed:
Look-up & Order Parts Online or by Phone, and request different delivery options. Direct Ship to your location or Curbside Pickup at the nearest James River Equipment location.
Feel free to shop in-store as we are taking measures to keep showrooms safe with handwashing stations and social distancing, including no handshaking. Our parts, service, and sales departments are separated as much as possible and have antibacterial products to stay safe and keep you safe.
We are asking customers to remain on the customer side of our work stations, and if a part or order needs reviewing, we will turn our screens upon request.
Request On-Site Repair or Pick Up & Delivery Service to keep your machine running. All controls are sanitized after employees leave the operator's station for the last time.
All service employees will be wearing gloves where possible. When employees cannot perform a task with gloves on, they will perform a wipe down of the equipment and quickly wash their hands before moving on to the next job.
We have separated pick-up and drop off areas for equipment to keep sanitized equipment secured. Our teams will disinfect any machines dropped off, along with a tagging system noting the time of arrival and sanitization.
Buy your way this spring – whether that’s in-store, online or at-home. Find the machine you are looking for on our website and Request an On-Site Visit from our sales team. Salespeople will sanitize the operation area after any use or demo of the machines. Rental departments will wipe down the controls of the machines during the check-in process. We are also offering FREE home delivery March 19th – April 30th, 2020, on New John Deere Mower, Gators, and Compact Utility Tractor purchases.
James River Equipment looks forward to continuing to support you this season, however you choose to connect with us!
March 25, 2020
James River Equipment is Open for Business
Our intention, while strictly following the CDC’s recommended precautions, using common sense, and putting our customers’ and employees’ safety first, has always been to remain open to support our customers. We strongly believe that our customers- agricultural, construction, municipal, and forestry, provide essential services to our citizens and country. You are the lifeblood of our economy and keeping you “up and running” is our top priority. Deemed by the Department of Homeland Security as essential for the continuation of critical infrastructure viability for food and agriculture, James River Equipment will continue to be open with regular posted hours as found on our locations page. The governor of Virginia echoed that sentiment at his press conference on March 23rd stating that construction and construction suppliers are designated as essential.
The bottom line is - We are here for you and will continue to support you safely and efficiently. Don’t be alarmed when you see precautions such as signage, cordoned off areas, or disinfecting stations in our stores. We want to be smart and we want to keep you and our employees healthy. Thank you in advance for helping us with those measures.
James River Equipment and John Deere thank you for your partnership and we wish the best for all our communities that are impacted by this current crisis.
March 17, 2020
Dear James River Equipment Customers:
We hope this finds you, your employees, and your families well at this challenging time for all of us. We want to let you know that despite the difficulties brought about by the COVID-19 virus, all James River Equipment locations remain open to serve you, our customers. With that in mind, please know that we value the health, safety and welfare of our customers and employees above everything else. As Coronavirus/COVID-19 has become a global health issue, we want you to know that we are implementing precautionary measures to ensure we will be ready to serve you safely and efficiently.
James River Equipment is open to serve you, however, we understand that in the current environment, some customers may prefer not to visit a physical location. Below, you can find some alternative ways to get the parts, service and sales help you need to keep running this spring.
- Parts can still be purchased inside our locations at our parts counters, however, you can also place parts orders over the phone (local store numbers during business hours or 855-JRE-PARTS after hours) and have it set outside for pickup, or have it shipped to you.
- Parts can also be purchased 24/7 through our online parts ordering via the MyDealer Portal in the below links.
- For your service needs, you can still bring your equipment to us and we will gladly check it in for service. If you prefer not to come into the building, just call and let us know you’re outside waiting.
- We also offer pickup and delivery options if you prefer this or are unable to bring your equipment to us for any reason.
- And, as always, onsite/at-home service with a scheduled appointment is available. You can call one of our locations, or go online to start the appointment process in the below links.
- For your sales needs, we are available to consult with you one-on-one during regular hours, by appointment after hours, via video chat, or via FaceTime.
- We also offer demonstrations at your location, as well as a variety of online resources to help you choose the equipment that fits your needs, regardless of how big or small.
- For our rental customers, after each rental, we are implementing enhanced cleaning of our equipment, including inside the cabs.
- We are also offering FREE home delivery March 19th-April 30th, 2020 on New John Deere Mower, Gators, and Compact Utility Tractor purchases.
James River Equipment genuinely thanks you for your business, patience, and understanding as our team navigates what is truly new ground for all of us. We will continue to evaluate this situation and adapt as needed because many small actions can add up to big results. Thank you for your support over the years. We wish you safety and good health as we get through these turbulent times together.
President, James River Equipment